The Heart of Eros



Pupils dilated at the first glance of her glare. 
I swear my timeline momentarily came to a halt, 
As my cardiac muscle skipped a beat or two. 
It was sunny but I felt an unexpected spine chill. 
Each and every one of my nerve endings twitched. 
Then I almost choked trying to swallow to this splendor 

She was ostentatiously pretty, more amazing than a rainbow. 
It was like the famous Monalisa had came back to life. 
Her structure boldly sculptured into an hourglass figure. 
Was I in heaven? because I was seeing a goddess. 
My eyes hurting from viewing this exceptional brilliance. 
In my cerebral cortex this was the grand definition of true beauty. 

If Cupid had hit me, he had not used an arrow. 
This was deep, it must have been a dagger. 
Such an obelisk had gone through to take my breath. 
It was a miracle, an angel on the face of earth. 
This intense desire couldn’t be handled with my heart. 
Had I undergone a surgery to have the heart of Eros 

Poem written by: Dumisani Mukuchura 
Contact Info: dumisanimukuchura@gmail.com  
Contact: +263715026554 

Comments