Meet Yinks :''The Great African Hip Hop Star"



I have had an opportunity to interact with the greatest talents in Africa, and today I bring you one of my finest interview I had with the greatest African Hip Hop artist based in South Africa.
Tinashe: Before we dig deep,some might want to know who is this Yinks?

 Yinks : Yinks aka Govenor of Africa aka Boss Brain The Magician is the first hiphop rapper and song writer going global from Africa.Entrepreneur and a record executive.

Tinashe: When did you start your career and how is the  reception globally?

Yinks : Been on it since junior high school, professionally in 2010,been alright ,my debut lp had couple of songs from it featured in top U.S street mixtapes and also won an award so not bad for now.

Tinashe: Great.How was your New York Campaign?

Yinks: Planning on a u.s tour ,still in the pipe line,not yet in effect,still wanna do a southern Africa tour first.

 Tinashe: Ok.I hear you have relocated to South Africa.What were the push or pulling factors?

Yinks: S.A's hiphop market is one of the fastest growing music markets.As a hustler I had to take advantage of that.

Tinashe: That's really smart of you.What of trying to boost hip hop back home in Ghana?

Yinks : I have that intention but not now,the music there is different you can't fight to introduce something the media is not ready to accept,time is money can't waste it trying to be a hero you dig?but surely one day.

Tinashe: Smart man for real.But how did you hustle your way in the South African Market considering being a foreigner

Yinks: Real recognize real,my network is also powerful,above all you can't deny talent an access to success.God won't forgive.

Tinashe: Sure can't dispute that,I see you have many collabos and was wondering how you manage that

Yinks: I just love to work with different artists with different skill to their craft,it gives you the advantage to learn a few tricks. Either ways collaboration helps you to extend your network

Tinashe: Yaa sure its like network marketing.Which artists have you collaborated with both local and International?

Yinks: Did some work Internationally with L.A fashion week magazine presenter  ,model and singer London Sun,Pistol Pone from Coke Boys South,Ylie Music from Baltimore.Locally got work with 2nyce,Walter Maako from Ghana,S.A hottest singer Gemi Mchugo and many other talented artists.

Tinashe: Among the collabos, which one was the biggest hit?

Yinks: I think Boss Chicka featuring London and Ylie.Its getting lots of responses from U.S community and internet radios.Such as TUR Radio amongst others.

Tinashe: Seems the US market is very responsive.Do you have plans to relocate there or invest more there?

Yinks: Not really relocate but should soon be doing multiple trips to invest in my brand over there,in the areas of shows,radio interviews and hopefully TV.S.A has quality industry set up and more affordable than compared to u.s so as a business man I always Wana gain.why go pay Soo much money for same quality in Africa?

Tinashe: Sure there isn't, After all home is best. I see you an artist and businessman. How do you balance the two?

Yinks: I was born a leader,so I sacrifice my time to do other things to make other people happy,it gives me joy.Regardless trust me I find time for my things too.Is all about time management.

Tinashe: You mentioned something on Leadership. What's your Leadership journey?

 Yinks: Consulting for upcoming artist to guide them in the right direction as well as inspiring people in a positive way.



 Tinashe: Where can they get your Consulting services?

Yinks: Facebook: Boss Brain Entertainment my PA will update me of all important  messages .

Tinashe: That's a great initiative.What's your take on the African Creatives Leadership?

Yinks: Africa has a big problem in general .Most political heads ain't setting good examples but all in all other leaders in different institutions are same time impacting positive change.So is all good nothing is perfect in this world anyway.

Tinashe: What advice could you give to the African Creatives out there that they might soar to great heights

Yinks: Honesty, loyalty,truth,hard work and believe in your craft and judgements .

Tinashe: Great advice indeed!What of mentorship, Do you have any mentors?

Yinks: I am my own mentor .

 Tinashe: Kkkkk , would you advise others to have one or just to be like you

Yinks : If you look down deep within your soul you will know.The way you think,your responsibility level,your ethics,your drive,your passion,your level of commitment in everyday act will alarm you if you can be an inspiration to others,if not look up to someone to better your self.

Tinashe: Powerful there.If you were to choose between entrepreneurship, and music, which one would you choose

Yinks: I will rather choose nothing because can't do without both, I love them.All in all music heals my pain can't live without it.

Tinashe: Inspiring!

Let's now talk about your shows.I see your Cocoon show was really packed.How did you feel when people were scrambling for your  talent

Yinks: It's normal,I know I deserve that,I work hard for such , I do expect such,but I love to see that people love what I do.

Tinashe: What special skills or talent do you think make people crave for your music and shows

Yanks : The way I brand my works,the quality and content of my lyrics, my personality as a person.Am kind of cool to hung around with.

[3/3, 12:22] Tinashe: Do you do the branding on your own,or you hire a team because your branding is super good

Yinks: I do 90percent of the work, I get my hands dirty .But I have a team,like road manager ,pa ,dj ,graphic designer etc

 Tinashe: Well set up.You released Mayweather song.What made you do so?

Yinks: Mayweather song is deeper than how people see it,I once saw a vlog , documentary type of visual on YouTube of his background and how hard he works,he was once nothing but kept working hard to be where he is.So that inspired me because I also look back how I started recording on headset Microphones to this moments performing in top clubs makes me feel am on the road to self made just like Mayweather.

Tinashe: Inspiring for sure.Considering you released it on the day when people were busy with the fight.How was the turn up?

 Yinks: That's that turn up you heard about .Massive attendance,club was full other ballers couldn't get tables to buy so they left.

Tinashe: Wonderful.You surely got some rich pickings

Yinks: That's just the  love people show me.

Tinashe: True love for sure. Heard of their massive support for your work on public voting for the Ghana Awards

 Yinks: Yes ,it was amazing ,my first award , big Ghanaian excellence ,politicians and soccer players were all there.

Tinashe: Massive support.Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years

Yinks: A global HipHop brand ,mogul and well known entrepreneur

 Tinashe: Do you have any plans for Corporate Social Responsibility?

Yinks: Yes busy working on one but can't disclose much on that for now but in future Interviews

Tinashe: Keep up the spirit bro.Some might be asking if this Yinka is married?

Yinks: I believe in marriage but not now.

 Tinashe: True,the right time will come.Yours is there waiting for you

 Yinks: Definitely sir

Tinashe: How can our readers get in touch with you?

 Yinks: Facebook : Yinks https://m.facebook.com/yinksofficial

IG ,Twitter & YouTube : @Yinksofficial

Tinashe: Thanks so much for your time Yinks.It was a great time interviewing such a talented and visionary and one of the most sought  African international Hip Hop artist

Yinks: Thanks Tinashe, let's push wanna come do show in Zimbabwe soon

 Tinashe: Yeah sure, they won’t resist your epic stage performance and talent

 Forgot to ask, which Zim artist would you like to feature?

Yinks: His name is Trevor

Tinashe: Great, you can put another explosive collabo again




Comments