Interview with Wilson Waison: The Young Poet




Having been part of the Writers Camp whatsapp group I have got the chance to interact with some of the finest creative in the country and across the globe and I was just caught up with the young man’s scripts and poetry that I requested an interview with this young man. Wilson Waison is one young man whose poetry is usually filled with verbal acid. Below is the interview I had with Wilson.



[Tinashe]: Apparently, I have bumped into your poems and could hesitate to pitch up an interview with you. Who is this Wilson?

 [Wilson]: Who is me as in? What I do or

[Tinashe]: Both

 [Wilson]: Okay. I am A poet. Protestant poet, human right activist. An ardent follower of the revolution. An activist on Drug and abuse, A blogger as well as the founder of sister org Ghetto Diaries and Deem.lit.org

[Tinashe]: That’s great of you, I'm caught up by the Protestant part. Can you dig deeper into it?

 Wilson: Do you know the 100 Thousand poets for peace in Zimbabwe?

[Tinashe]: No, I am not aware of it

[Wilson]: It’s a platform where poets in Zimbabwe write on the protestant plea *The Zimbabwe we want poetry campaign of which I am a member

 [Tinashe]: That's great of a Society. How far have you contributed on changing the face of Zimbabwe?

[Wilson]: In fact my poetry is devoted in reshaping a better Zimbabwe from political view points down to economic and social stratagem. So literary am doing a great deal so far. Most of all I am trying to relate ethics and social balance in my Ubuntu research. I might not have impacted a large audience yet but I hope my voice is molding a better Zimbabwean in the sense that it’s non-partisan

[Tinashe]: To date what poem can you say to have made the greatest hit or literally that has gone Viral?

[Wilson]: Ceaseless Brawl of Feb 2016


[Tinashe]: Some might be asking where they can get the poem. The topic is promising some fireworks

[Wilson]: On my poem hunter page Wilson poetry slot.

[Tinashe]: Can you drop the link

[Wilson]: Ceaseless Brawl - Poem by Wilson Tinotenda Waison.Ceaseless Brawl by Wilson Tinotenda            Waison. .To resume on where you left our home now a forlorn citadel the bloody fields you ceased in                                                   your toil a quest to ...For more info:


[Tinashe]: Your voice seems to be beyond your age and I'm wondering how old is this Wilson?

[Wilson]: KKK a son of the so called independence. Born on the 7th of January 98. 20 years old. Wilson: A grandson of the revolution always a son of evolution. The voice depicts the impetus child of Zimbabwe poised between disillusionment and disappointment

[Tinashe]: Still young,but Wisdom knows no age.What inspires you to write so much

[Wilson]: The day to day transgressions and my social life drives the potions out. How we are living our low life thus also deriving my stage name ‘lowlife diarist’. The elements of our society’s turns be my inspiration. Other than that , notable noble poets and writers such as Mbizo Chirasha, Memory Chirere, Chirikure Chirikure, Dambudzo Marechera, Benjamin Henson, Robert Muponde ... The list is endless , these guys always reshapes my diction and judgment.

[Tinashe]: Great list there, you seem to be writing much of Protesting and vengeance and one might be asking how your society has shaped your poems

[Wilson]: Not all are protestant piece of art however the notables ones like The Miller and Victims depicts more on societal ills which in turn has a didactic message

[Tinashe]: You seem to be a victim of these social ills. What worst life experience especially with regards to these ills?

[Wilson]: I am an observer ... a close one thus why the most art pieces are in 3rd person point of view

[Tinashe]: You got your talent. When did you start writing and how has been your journey?

[Wilson]: I literary started writing at form three that was 2013 but the art was lame. Then in 2015 that’s when I appeared first time on stage at British Council.

[Tinashe]: Great. That's quite long back. How was the first experience on stage?

[Wilson]: I felt a nerve but moments later I gained control of the stage

[Tinashe]: Great.Someone might be asking what one needs to be a good poet

[2/18, 21:25] Wilson: A lot of research and literature read. Also discovery of ones strengths in terms of literal devices .Diction and style amongst other things. One need to get his facts right and lastly be him or herself. Don’t imitate

[Tinashe]: Really insightful. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

[Wilson]: I will be the next Chenjerai Hove

[Tinashe]: Why Chenjerai Hove?

[Wilson]: He is one of my inspiration. Iconic figure who sold much and was a successful poet before his death

[Tinashe]: Just to wrap up, how best can you summarize yourself?

[Wilson]: Charismatic

[Tinashe]: Powerful there.Any personal quote?

[Wilson]: “let my indie incites the wits that lies underneath the impetus poetic justice be begotten by nitwits and to the progeny divine granted”

[Tinashe]: It just blew my mind. That’s too much of verbal acidity lol. How can we get in touch with you?

[Wilson]: You can call on +263775 540 599


Facebook: Deem.lit.org page

[Tinashe]: Thanks. We have come to the end of our interview. Any final words to our readers?

[Wilson: Literature define humanity. Embrace it




Comments