MONSTER OF SOCIETY




-By Hilton Marembo-

I hate your hugs, cutting to the chase

I hate your applause, let me down to rest

I see- read the backs of your minds, I am a pest

All you want to do is deprive, destroy me, that’s your quest

The least you can do is grant me my request.



Consolation now only comes from the monstrosity we used to dread

Hunger and disease have put death to shame

We would be better off in the indiscriminate hands of death

Our world unparralledly drawn into a vortex of trepidation

The things you do drive me mad. You have my mind caught in a maze.

Monsters we call nepotism, monsters we call bribery

Monsters that ransack your pockets

Voracious monsters that demand your child’s school fees

The dreadful monsters amongst ourselves, monsters of society

I point fingers, oohh yes I do, lest I speak for no one

The monster which we fester- corruption



Tonight’s dream of yesterday took me down in tears

Food, shelter, education were everyday cheers

That life had rid us of all our fears

Fears of paying for free things, now that’s just memories

My 6am alarm date with reality changed my entire spectrum of spheres

That’s what took me down with tears

It is this corruption that has bed-ridden the entire country

This same corruption has put the rich in glass castles

The poor resettled to sack shacks by this same monster

Coz the rich milk the poor and decide to not feed the cows



And if I do not speak now, forever will be my silence

I will rest in pieces and my carcass tossed into a ditch

Coz the monster has kindly borrowed the coffin money

Freedom aint free especially around my way

Fairness and equality are just epitomes of exploitation

And I wonder, which the worst vice is,



Foreign colonialism or domestic brutality?

While the reality juxtaposed to this one is just in my imagination

Let me dare to invite you to this movement

I stand for equality, I stand for fairness. I stand for freedom

Because corruption not only enriches the already rich,

But also Hinders Development.



 Hilton Marembo

Age 24

An environmental health scientist

 +263773920986


Fb: Hilton Marembo

Twitter: major destruction

Instagram: callmesirH

Comments